Photograph travellers, win plane tickets and tell a story behind your photographs to thousands in of beach travellers. Enter the GOPlaya – Skyway 2019 Photography Contest.
The beach brings up a world of emotions: joy, peace, tranquility… going to the beach means happiness. And nothing better than a photograph to capture that unique moment, that natural scenery experience and enjoyment with your family and friends.
The GOPlaya – Skyway 2019 Photography Contest, on it’s 2nd edition, it’s a great opportunity for the most passionate and adventured photographers to show our community of travellers the most special and incredible beach photo.
On the first year of the Contest we received more than 100 photographs! The winners were awarded with an incredible tour. On this occasion you’ll get to get in a comfortable and safe plane to marvel with one of the most amazing places in Costa Rica: The Corcovado National Park.
Thanks to Skyway, the local airline with the biggest and safest planes in the country, the winner will get to travel to this spectacular destination with a plus one.
But there’s also an special prize for the most popular picture (the one that gets most likes on our Instagram post) and even another prize for one of the voters of the most popular picture. We will let you know soon about the prizes but first let us tell you about this year’s contest:
Step by step.
The dynamic is very simple. If you took and incredible photograph of a beach destination in Costa Rica you’re already able to enter the contest.
You just have to send us the image to the e-mail: [email protected] tell us where was the photo taken, and a description of the moment that you capture (later we will tell why is this description important for the contest).
GOPlaya will evaluate every photograph. How?
There’s a jury formed by two people: Marvin Caravaca, photography editor from the newspaper La Nación, professional photographer and expert on under water photography, and Jose Pablo Alfaro, GOPlaya’s communications director, journalist from La Nación and winner of the award Open Passport in the originality category.
Both of the members of the jury will evaluate the photographies to choose a winner.
Although, before the images even get to the jury, they will be judge by a very strict group: our GOPlaya community on Instagram.
How? The photographies will be post on our Instagram page with the hashtag #concursogoplaya (goplayacontest) and #flywithskyway, also with the photographer Instagram page and the description that was sent in the e-mail.
Here’s is where is the description becomes very important, because with very few words you can convince the GOPlaya community to like your picture.
For 24 hours, the amount of likes that each photography gets will be counted, and when the time is up, an Instagram story will be posted with the amount of likes gotten and the author will get tag in it.
The 20 images that get the most amount of likes, during the first 24 hours since publish on our Instagram account will be the ones that would be evaluated by the jury, and then the jury will pick a winner.
There two more prizes: One for the most popular photograph (the one with most likes during the first 24 hours since publish) and another one for our followers on Instagram.
From all of the @GOPlaya followers that hit like on one of the participating photographs, one will win a package of the GOPlaya eBooks: Beach Towns in Costa Rica and Virgin Beaches in Costa Rica.</
The photographs will be received from October 28th to November 30th of 2019. From December 1st 2019 the images will start to get posted on our Instagram page.
On January 20th the 20 contest finalists will be announced on our Instagram and Facebook page. On that day a blog will be posted with the 20 photographs, the description and the name of the photographer.
On January 20th of 2020, the winners of the contest will be announced.
All the photographs will be show on www.goplaya.cr with it’s respective credits and Instagram page after it’s authenticity is confirmed, and the place where the picture was taken.
– The winner will get 2 plane tickets provided by Skyway to visit The Corcovado National Park, a package of the GOPlaya eBooks: Beach Towns in Costa Rica and Virgin Beaches in Costa Rica, and I certificate that declares the person as the winner.
– The most popular photograph (the one with the most likes during the first 24 hours since publish) will receive a hiking stick, and a package of the GOPlaya eBooks: Beach Towns in Costa Rica and Virgin Beaches in Costa Rica, and I certificate that declares the person as the winner.
– From all of the @GOPlaya followers that hit like on one of the participating photographs, one will win a package of the GOPlaya eBooks: Beach Towns in Costa Rica and Virgin Beaches in Costa Rica.
– The photographs will be received from October 28th to November 30th of 2019.
– Every photographer can participate with the maximum of 3 photographs. Only photographs of beach destinations will be accepted.
– To enter the contest, the photographer most send the images to [email protected] along with:
-Full Name of the author
-Photograph title and short description
-Beach destination where the picture was taken
Date and year when the picture was taken</
– This year only 70 pictures will get accepted during the receiving period of time assigned. The images that have all of the requirements will be the only ones publish. Photographs that meet the minimum image quality requirements at the discretion of the GOPlaya team will get published. If any of the photographs received does not meet these requirements, GOPlaya will not have the obligation to publish or notify the author of this decision.
– The photograph sent to the contest must not have watermarks or anything that could be read as advertising by the jury, the image should be sent in a JPG format, on a minimum size of 1 megabyte and max size of 3 mb.
– The jury will evaluate the following points: technical and aesthetic quality of photography, symbolic richness, originality, depth and composition.